I don't know about you all, but I'm getting sick and tired of these vehicles speeding up and down the BLVD. I realize they're in a hurry to safe a life, but at the same time they shouldn't risk a life on their way to save one. There are many connecting streets to the BLVD and they should make use of them. I'm not a professional on how they should and shouldn't drive. I'm just a fed up citizen stating his opinion...

Tags: 33, American, Department, Fire, Lancaster, Medical, Police, Response, Station

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Side streets better, or move the fire station.  also the sheriff is way too aggressive  more bird noises, less wailing sirens, that is not a safe, or citizen friendly sound.  And if you stop to smell the roses, hopefully you won't get a citation for loitering

Well I think the worst offender of this is the Ambulance. I have watched them multiple times drive up the east bound side of the BLVD, turn around at BEX and drive down the west bound side only to turn at Wells Fargo. Basically doing a big circle with lights and sirens down the BLVD. In each case there were open streets available to turn off to on both sides of the street, but they decided it would be more entertaining to just do a lap around the BLVD.

We have seen people driven off the road by emergency vehicles and pedestrians almost hit. I think the biggest risk on the BLVD is the likelihood of being struck or scared into another vehicle or person by an emergency vehicle.

When events ON the BLVD demand an emergency response, its more than welcome otherwise take another route in the interest of those on the BLVD and response times.

Tonight the ambulance had 2 calls off the blvd and they felt it necessary to drive up the east bound side and back down the west bound side before exiting the blvd to their final destination. The first time it was like they got caught doing it (by lancaster sheriff**) and quickly turned off only 2 streets in to the lap, but the second time they did a full lap before going out to 20th west. **The sheriff was going west no lights and slow, but when the ambulance saw them they turned off lights and sirens and turned off the BLVD.

RSS

Members

VISIT OUR SPONSORS SHOP LOCAL!

Aven's Fine Home Furnishings

44805 N. 10th Street West  

LancasterCA 93534

P. 661-942-1103
E. sales@avensfurniture.com
W. www.avensfurniture.com

43700N.17th st. west Suite 101

Lancaster ca.

661.942.1101  Fax 661.948.0233

email: henry@marvinins.com

Owners: Bob Finberg

Phone: 866.610.7895   

Antelope Valley Florist
888.948.6006 Bursting with color and lush beauty of each sun-filled day straight to your special recipient! Watch Video

Wayne and Dave's Automotive

43937 Division St, Lancaster, CA 93535 (661) 949-2924
Hours:

Monday hours 7:30 am–5:30 pm

ClancyJG International 

An Experienced Engineering,Professional and Consulting Services Firm. Introduction Video

Math Magicians  

Where Homework Problems Disappear...661-718-3699  or  661-273-2212

Local living 

#1 Guide to Affordable Enjoyable Local Living 310.218.2714 How Local Living Works Video

ILIVETODAY- Videos

Loading… Loading feed

About

ilivetoday created this Ning Network.

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by ilivetoday.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service